If you’ve ever wanted to know the conditions that inspired the likes of Bob Marley and Peter Tosh this course is for you. We will be exploring the development of reggae music from its African origins, to ska, to dancehall as well as its political and social impact on the world.
I’m very excited to present this material as it’s been years since teaching “The History of Reggae Music” at Sonoma State University. I have added a new section that will cover the history to present day. This course will include:
- Six weekly meetings live online starting Nov 17 and ending Dec 22
- 1 meeting per week
- 2 hours every Tuesday @ 11am PST
- The sessions will include a lecture including special guests from the reggae world.
- All meeting will be followed by Q & A on the topic of the week.
- Weekly meeting will be recorded and available for participants to re-watch at their convenience.
- Online access to course syllabus, materials, and listening sources
- Official certificate of course completion signed by Harrison Stafford
- The cost will be an introductory rate of $200 USD.
The enrollment space is limited so please if you are interested now is the time to register.